Thursday, September 1, 2011

We had such a nice evening

 Last night was beautiful.  It cooled down to a very manageable temperature.  In fact, it was close to perfect.  One of those nights where the air just feels so good on your skin.  After dinner we had nothing going on so we went outside.  I took our huge watermelon outside and onto the grass.  I took our really long knife and I cut it into triangles.  I usually cut it into bite size chunks so we avoid the sticky sweet mess, but I went full guns.  Hey- live a little!  The kids ate it like candy while they played.  They ate that whole thing!  Juice was dripping everywhere.  And I wasn't bothered by it one bit.  It was just so wonderful outside that I was in a great mood.  Well, great mood because everyone was happy and getting along and acting the way siblings are supposed to act (in my dreams, anyway).  Now, this is what I want to bottle up and keep forever...




3 comments:

Denise said...

How much fun is that!!! When everything falls in place for that perfect memory!
Reminds me of a perfect Ranch moment (watermelon mess and all).

April said...

Don't you just LOVE those days? They don't come often enough!! Great pictures!!

Jen said...

Those pictures are just pure summertime childhood magic! I love it!