Tuesday, June 23, 2009

We survived!!!

And we're alive today. I'm talking about the car drive home from Utah. We were there for the week (the girls had a BYE with their meet). Actually it was Cory's turn to do man work up at the farm with his folks. He was craving the fresh air and hard work so we decided to drive out to Utah where he could meet his parents. Then the 3 of them left for Hermiston while I stayed with the kids at my folks' house. Cory had a great time- even bought himeself a new cowboy hat. We also had a great time although the weather was weird. It rained 4 out of the 5 days we were there! Here's a little photo history of our trip:

We met up with Cory's parents, Allen and Denise. We picked out yummy treats at Allens office and then we went to Chuck E. Cheese. The kids had a blast. Later that evening, we went to a Bees Baseball game. The kids have shown a lot of interest in baseball lately. We met up with both grandmas and grandpas for the game. We even got to see Alyshia for a little while (the kids love you, Lysh).

Then the 3 big girls had a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa Rice's house. Priceless!

We celebrated Father's Day with Allen and Cory. We went to Bucca de Beppo. Thanks, Allen, for working so hard for all your family. We notice it and appreciate it!

Cory and his parents were off to the farm! We went to the aquarium with my mom and Katie (she's in the picture with us). It's not huge but has just about everything little kids would want to see. We were all way too freaked out to touch the sting (manta?) rays.

We had a picnic up at Tibble Fork Resevoir in the Alpine Loop. BEAUTIFUL!!!! We walked around the lake (halfway) and the kids enjoyed feeling the snow run off.

Spencer's on his man perch ponding life with girls with a few root beers in that cooler.
Funny story for you. . . As we were driving home, my mom had the girls all singing a nice little tune. And BOY were they singing! Just having a grand old time! Spencer sat the whole way (25 min) with his index fingers in his ears. He didn't scream, cry, or fuss. Just plugged up the ears. Too funny!
We picked up some baseball mitts with my Dad and went outside and practiced. They need a little bit more time (if you know what I mean).
It was monsooning (is that a word?) so we went indoors for the day. We hit Cabelas (aka the museum) for the kids to see lots of dead animals. They chose it, not me! Then we were off to the Dinosaur museum which we'd never been too. Very neat! Ashley's right at that age where she wanted to read every little sign (aaahhh!) and Spencer just wanted to run and climb on the exhibits (did they get that on the security tape? Ooops). And Ainslee,Andi, and Avery just went with the flow.
It was of course Father's Day. Cory came home from the farm and my dad treated us (and him) to grilled steak. Then we went out for more baseball. It was a great day.


Alyshia said...

It was so fun to see you guys! Thanks for making some time for me! I always look forward to seeing you and the kids! See you soon in Oregon for more fun!

Lindsey said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm sad we didn't get to see you but I know how it is. There's always so much to do on "vacation"!

Stacy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time here in Utah! It was really bad weather around that time. I couldn't believe how much it was storming.